Death of a Bread Maker

July 26, 2009

My bread maker died. It's not the first bread maker we've lost in our family, so it's a tragedy we've experienced before. The gaskets just couldn't take it any more and the paddle started wobbling too much. After exploratory surgery it was determined that it needed a loaf pan transplant, but there were none available quickly enough to save it.

Funeral services were short and attended by the immediate family. The empty space next to the bread box, where the bread maker used to live, will be a hollow spot on our kitchen counter for some time. Donations are being accepted to help the surviving bread box overcome it's grief. Please leave any messages of consolation in the comments.

Does any one know how long is appropriate to mourn for a kitchen appliance, before looking for a new one?

Comments

4 Responses to “Death of a Bread Maker”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Dear John,

I think one month is an appropriate amount of time to mourn (mourn for one moon). I trust you'll soon have a happy new member of the family to keep your breadbox company and your bellies full!

August 18, 2009 at 8:16 AM
John Newman said...

Fran! One of my favorite people!

My wife picked up another one at a thrift shop but I don't like it very well. It seemed promising at first, but it won't make decent French bread.

Hmmm .... maybe it's British. ;)

August 19, 2009 at 12:24 AM
Or_Ri said...

i don't know...
was your question answered John??

January 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM
John Newman said...

UPDATE:

At first I was in denial. "No! This bread maker can't be broken!"

Next, I went through anger. "Who broke this thing!"

Then I moved through depression. "What's the point of making bread? It's just too sad."

Now I'm in acceptance. "It will be okay. I'll get another bread maker."

January 21, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Post a Comment